Fertility Surgery in South Cleveland/Independence,
Columbus, Akron, Canton & Youngstown, OH
Surgery is one of the most effective methods of improving fertility.
Nobody wants to even think about surgery, but the reality is that many sources of infertility require surgery to overcome. Fortunately, our fertility specialists are also skilled, experienced surgical gynecologists who can perform any procedure that you need. Also, by using minimally invasive laparoscopic and microscopic surgical techniques, your overall discomfort and recovery time will be significantly reduced.
Diagnosing your fertility-inhibiting condition and fixing it with leading-edge techniques.
Certain conditions respond well to surgical treatment, and in some cases, surgical correction can allow you to conceive naturally.
- Endometriosis – The growth of intrauterine tissue outside of the uterus — on the uterus itself, or on other nearby organs — is called endometriosis. While the effect of mild endometriosis on fertility is still being researched, we know that severe endometriosis can inhibit your fertility. If medications don’t help, we can perform a minimally invasive operation to remove the unnatural tissue.
- Uterine fibroids – Fibroids are noncancerous growths that form in your uterine tissues. While they’re extremely common, only fibroids that protrude into the uterine cavity (called submucous fibroids) are known to harm fertility, doing so by interfering with embryo implantation. Typically, removing fibroids through surgery is the only treatment that can improve fertility.
- Ovarian cysts – Growths (generally noncancerous) that form in the ovaries and, if large enough, can interfere with ovulation. In these instances, we can generally remove the cyst with a minimally invasive procedure.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) – Women with this condition will form a large number of small cysts in the ovaries, which can interfere with hormone production and cause infertility. While medications can sometimes help a women with PCOS get pregnant, a surgical procedure called ovarian drilling may be necessary to regulate hormone levels and allow for normal ovulation.
- Blocked fallopian tubes – If you have a blockage in your fallopian tubes, it’s typically more cost-effective and less invasive to skirt the problem with in vitro fertilization (IVF), rather than surgically remove the blockage. However, if you’d like to avoid IVF for personal reasons, we can provide a surgical solution.
- Sterilization reversal – If you’ve had your “tubes tied,” but later decide that you’d like to get pregnant, we can perform surgery to restore your fertility.
Expertly performed minimally invasive solutions can restore your hope with maximal convenience.
Minimally invasive surgical techniques changed the surgical game, and we have years of experience solving a wide variety of surgical problems. Our minimally invasive surgical techniques include:
- Laparoscopy – We insert a small camera through a keyhole-sized incision in your abdomen.
- Hysteroscopy – Rather than making an incision, we perform your entire surgery through the vaginal canal, reducing discomfort and recovery time.
- Microscopy – Some areas of the reproductive system, such as the fallopian tubes, are small enough to require a microscopic view. These high-tech procedures require exceptional surgical skill, which we offer at Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility.
To schedule an appointment or learn more about how Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility specializes in fertility surgery in South Cleveland/Independence, Columbus, Akron, Canton, Youngstown and other Ohio communities, call 844-707-1296 today. You can also request an appointment using the form on this page.