Fertility Testing & Diagnosis
A thorough, detail-oriented examination of your infertility will save you time, money, and stress. We offer fertility testing services to communities throughout South Cleveland, Columbus, Akron, Canton, and Youngstown, Ohio.
At Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility, we address the fertility challenges of men, women, non-binary individuals, and the trans community with dignity and compassion. If you’re struggling to conceive, we offer fertility testing and sperm analysis that effectively identifies the cause or causes of your fertility issues.
Due to the abundance of conditions that can cause infertility, it’s crucial to undergo a comprehensive evaluation. Sometimes the source of your fertility problems will be immediately evident. Other times, the root causes will take longer to identify. Occasionally – even with exhaustive fertility testing – there will be no indication of what’s inhibiting your ability to conceive or maintain a pregnancy. However, feel confident that our experienced physicians at RGI will exhaust every diagnostic tool in their effort to identify your condition.
Trust the experience and specialized expertise that our doctors have to offer.
Because each fertility case is unique, you should choose a doctor who has the requisite experience and support to give you a complete evaluation and diagnosis. Our fertility doctors have helped thousands of people from all walks of life — and we never, ever give up.
Our fertility testing capabilities leave no possibility unexamined, ensuring you receive the best care for your situation.
Based on your medical history, symptoms, age, and other factors discussed at your initial consultation, we can perform a number of tests, including
- Basal body temperature – Your body temperature will rise about 24 hours after ovulation. By tracking this, we can observe abnormalities and time your other tests and sexual intercourse.
- Endometrial biopsy – Removing and examining a small piece of tissue from your uterus allows us to identify problems that prevent the egg from implanting.
- Serum progesterone test – The hormone progesterone increases after ovulation, so by monitoring it, we’re able to track your cycle and determine if your body produces adequate levels.
- Saline infusion ultrasound – A noninvasive ultrasound test that allows us to observe your uterus and detect any abnormalities, such as fibroids.
- Office HyCoSy – By first filling your uterus with a radiographic contrast agent and then taking a series of X-rays, we can create a live image that reveals damage, blockages, abnormal uterus shape and other problems.
Sperm Analysis Testing Locations Near Me
On-site male fertility testing at every RGI location maximizes your convenience.
Our capabilities are vast. Not only does our practice have two embryology labs in Akron and Columbus, but all four locations have their andrology labs, ensuring rapid results for your male testing needs. We work with various other specialists, such as urologists, to conduct all necessary lab tests. Through our andrology labs, we offer the following services:
- Semen analysis
- Post-vasectomy sperm count
- Sperm “washing” prior to insemination
- Standard sperm morphology
- Strict “Kruger” morphology
- Antisperm antibody testing
- Sperm function tests
- Sperm freezing prior to vasectomy or oncology care
- Epididymal & testicular sperm processing & freezing
To schedule a fertility testing appointment or learn more about how Reproductive Gynecology & Infertility specializes in fertility evaluation and diagnosis in South Cleveland/Independence, Akron, Columbus, Canton, Youngstown, and other Ohio communities, call 866-537-2461 today. You can also request an appointment using the form on this page.